The Cyprus Embassy Trade Center in New York is the Economic and Commercial arm of Cyprus’ diplomatic representation covering the North America, operating under the auspices of the Ministry of Energy, Commerce & Industry.
Under the direction of the Trade Commissioner, its primary role is that of strengthening and expanding the trade and economic relationship between the Republic of Cyprus and North America. The activities of the Trade Center include promoting, facilitating and attracting investment and fostering the expansion of exports of Cyprus’ goods and services, in addition to monitoring related market and policy issues.
The role includes:
- Promoting Cyprus as an international business and services centre
- Encouraging foreign investment and stimulating business interest in Cyprus
- Organising trade delegations, press visits, participation in trade fairs and exhibitions
- Providing contacts for importers/exporters, market intelligence regarding business opportunities and export prospects and monitoring of market trends and developments.
- Assisting trade and business inquiries and providing information, guidance and assistance.